A compact high-accuracy compass for hiking and orienteering, the luminous bezel and markings make it ideal for navigating in poor visibility.
• Two Zone System
• fixed declination correction scale
• jewel bearing
• detachable snap lock lanyard
• luminous bezel and markings
• cm or inch scales
• magnifying lens
• marking holes for drawing control points
• size: 57 x 110 mm / 2.2" x 4.3"
• weight: 32 g / 1.1 oz 1.2" x 2.12"
• size: 30 x 54 mm / 1.2" x 2.12"A premium quality micro compass with key ring ideal for any outdoor activity.
The vertical intensity and direction of the earth's magnetic field, the inclination, influences the horizontal plane of a compass needle according to the latitude where it is used. Due to inclination, compasses must be balanced for different geographical zones in order to keep the needle in a horizontal position.
Previously, the globe was divided into five different balance zones in which specific compasses functioned. However, as people travel more and more, the need for a compass with a greater geographical range has increased. Now, thanks to Suunto's 'Two Zone System' there are only two balance zones to consider in compass use - the northern hemisphere and the southern hemisphere. In practice, this means that a Suunto compass designed for the northern hemisphere will still work for a fair distance into the southern hemisphere, and vice-versa. Currently, Suunto is one of only two compass manufacturers to offer two-zone compasses.
Suunto also makes globally balanced compasses, which can be used accurately all over the world.